Effective Date: January 31, 2017
- Types of Information We Collect
We will collect information, including Personal Information and Non-Identifying Information, when you interact with us and the Site, for example when you:
- access or use the Site;
- register, subscribe, or create an account with The Groupshopper;
- open or respond to our e-mails;
- refer friends, family, or others to The Groupshopper;
- contact customer service or use other customer support tools;
- provide information to enroll or participate in other programs provided on behalf of, or together with, Business partners
- visit any page online that displays our ads or content;
- purchase products or services on or through the Site;
- connect or link to any Site via social networking sites;
- post comments to Online Communities and
- provide information to our vendors
- Your Choices
We think that you benefit from a more personalized experience when we know more about you and what you like. However, you can limit the information you provide to The Groupshopper, and you can limit the communications that The Groupshopper sends to you.
(a) Commercial E-mails
You may choose not to receive commercial e-mails from us by following the instructions contained in any of the commercial e-mails we send or by logging into your account and adjusting your e-mail preferences. Please note that even if you unsubscribe from commercial email messages, we may still e-mail you non-commercial e-mails related to your account and your transactions on the Site. You may update your subscription preferences at any time.
(b) Cookies and Other Technologies
You may manage how your browser handles cookies by adjusting its privacy and security settings. Browsers are different, so refer to instructions related to your browser to learn about cookie-related and other privacy and security settings that may be available. You can opt-out of being targeted by certain Third-Party Ad-Servers and The Groupshopper-served ads online using the National Advertising Initiative’s Opt-Out Tool or the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (DAA) About Ads Opt-Out Tool..
Currently, we do not alter our data collection and use practices in response to Do Not Track signals.
(c) Device Data
You may manage how your mobile device and mobile browser share certain device data with The Groupshopper, as well as how your mobile browser handles cookies by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your mobile device. Please refer to instructions provided by your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
When you first visit or use the Site we may request permission to collect and use your device’s precise geolocation. You can opt not to permit the collection of this information, or permit it only when using the mobile app, but it may limit certain functions or features of the Site. You can control how and whether we collect your precise geolocation information through your device’s settings.
(d) E-mails from Business Partners
If you wish to opt out of receiving offers directly from our Business Partners, you can follow the opt-out instructions in the emails that they send you.
- How The Groupshopper Uses Information
- Operate, maintain and improve the Site and our services, and Other programs;
- Provide you with interest-based ads, push notifications, communications, and offers for products and services from us and participating Business partners, including based on your precise geolocation;
- Facilitate and fulfill orders placed on the Site and Other Programs – for example, for The Groupshopper vouchers and other goods and services, including tracking redemption;
- Evaluate your eligibility for certain types of offers, products or services that may be of interest to you, and analyze advertising effectiveness;
- Answer your questions and respond to your requests;
- Perform analytics and conduct customer research;
- Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you about The Groupshopper and our Business Partners, sometimes by combining your information with information from other sources;
- Send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, support and administrative messages, service bulletins, marketing messages, and requested information, including on behalf of Business Partners;
- Administer rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored by us or our Business Partners;
- Allow you to apply for a job, post a video or sign up for special offers from merchants, Business Partners, or third parties through the Site andOther Programs, and to
- Enhance other information we have about you directly or from Other Sources to help us better understand you and determine your interests.
If you use any features on the Site to send information about a product or service to another person (e.g., a friend, a colleague, a professional associate, etc.), we will also collect the Personal Information of that other person to the extent disclosed by you and may contact them usin g the information you provided us.
- When and Why The Groupshopper Discloses Information
We (orour Vendors on our behalf) may share your Personal Information as required or permitted by law:
- with our Vendors to provide services for us and who are required to protect the Personal Information;
- to report or collect on debts owed to us or our Business Partners;
- with relevant Business Partners:
- with whom we jointly offer products and services;
- with whom we have entered into an agreement that provides for the disclosure, sale, lease, or license of your Information;
- to facilitate a direct relationship with you, including in connection with any program we administer on behalf of the Business Partner;
- to enable electronic communications with you as part of purchase, a sponsored reward, offer, contest, program, or other activity in which you have elected to participate;
- to the extent you have purchased or redeemed a The Groupshopper voucher, goods or services offered by a Business Partners or participated in an offer, rewards, contest or other activity orOther Programs sponsored or offered through The Groupshopper on behalf of that Business Partner;
- with a purchaser or prospective purchaser of The Groupshopper or any of the The Groupshopper Affiliates (or all or a portion of their assets), as described below in Section 10;
- to comply with legal orders and government requests, or as needed to support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions;
- to combat fraud or criminal activity, and to protect our rights or those of our Affiliates, users, and Business Partners, or as part of legal proceedings affecting The Groupshopper;
- in response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate; or
- with your consent.
We encourage Business Partners to adopt and post privacy policies. However, their use of Personal Information obtained through The Groupshopper is governed by their privacy policies and is not subject to our control.
We may also disclose Non-Identifiable Information:
- for the same reasons we might share Personal Information;
- with Business Partners for their own analysis and research;
- to facilitate targeted content and ads; or
- with Third-Party Ad-Servers to place our ads and/or ads of our merchants or Business Partners on the Site and on third-party sites, and to analyze the effectiveness of those ads.
- How The Groupshopper Collects Information
You provide us with your Personal Information when you register, subscribe, create an account, make a purchase, or otherwise when you provide us with your Personal Information during your interaction with the Site and Other Programs. We also collect Personal Information when you contact us online for customer service and other support using self-help tools, such as email, text, or by posting to an Online Community.
Device Data may be collected automatically, and as soon as your device interacts with the Site and The Groupshopper, even if you are not logged into the Site using your device. If you have questions about the security and privacy settings of your mobile device, please refer to instructions from your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
We collect your location information, including precise real-time geolocation, such as through look up based on IP address, GPS, Bluetooth, or WiFi signals, consistent with your choice of mobile device settings. We may also collect the precise location of your device when the app is running in the foreground, background, or even if you are not directly using the application depending on your device and its settings. Your device, provides you with options to control how and when we collect your geolocation. You may be able to disallow our use of certain location data through your device or browser settings.
- Security of Personal Information
The Groupshopper has implemented an information security program that contains administrative, technical and physical controls that are designed to reasonably safeguard Personal Information. For example, we use industry-standard encryption technology to secure Financial Account Information. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can contact us at admin@TheGroupshopper.com.
- Accessing and Correcting Personal Information
You can access, update and delete your Personal Information you provided to us, as described below, by managing this information through your online account or sending us an email at admin@TheGroupshopper.com. You can update or remove Financial Account Information as well. Keeping your Personal Information current helps ensure that we, our Affiliates and Business Partners offer you the offers that are most relevant to you.
If you want to deactivate your The Groupshopper account or have other questions or requests, please contact us. While we are ready to assist you in managing your subscriptions, deactivating your account, and removing your active profile, we cannot always delete records of past interactions and transactions. For example, we are required to retain records relating to previous purchases on the Site for financial reporting and compliance reasons.
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services and to maintain a record of your transactions for financial reporting purposes. If you wish to deactivate your account or request that we no longer use your Personal Information to provide you services contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will retain and use your Personal Information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- Social Networks
Social Community Areas
You also have the option to link social networks, such as Facebook, to your The Groupshopper account. Once you register with The Groupshopper and connect with the social network, you will be able to automatically post recent The Groupshopper activity back to your social network.
- Privacy Practices of Third Parties
- Business Transfers and Corporate Changes
The Groupshopper and our Affiliates reserve the right to disclose, transfer, or license any and all information related to the Site, including Personal Information:
- to a subsequent owner, co-owner or operator of one or more of the Sites or any portion or operation related to part of one or more of the Sites; or
- in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, or restructuring, the sale of substantially all of our stock and/or assets, or other corporate change, including, without limitation, during the course of any due diligence process.
- Notice to Residents of Countries outside the United States of America
- Children’s Privacy
The Site is a general audience site not directed at children under the age of 13.
By using The Groupshopper, you represent that you are at least eighteen years old and understand that you must be at least eighteen years old in order to create an account and purchase the goods or services advertised through the Site. We will promptly delete information associated with any account we obtain actual knowledge is associated with a registered user who is not at least eighteen years old.
- Contact Us; California Privacy Rights and Other Countries
6210 144th Ave NE
Redmond WA 98052
If you reside in Canada, you may have the right to be provided with access to Personal Information that we have collected about you and written information about our policies and practices with respect to the transfer of your personal information to Vendors outside Canada. E-mail us at admin@TheGroupshopper.com with questions.
The Groupshopper utilizes various valid data transfer mechanisms for Personal Information at its sole discretion in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws. We will continue to monitor and assess the appropriateness of other valid data transfer mechanisms as they become available.
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California can obtain certain information about the types of personal information that companies with whom they have an established business relationship have shared with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. In particular, the law provides that companies must inform consumers about the categories of personal information that have been shared with third parties, the names and addresses of those third parties, and examples of the types of services or products marketed by those third parties. To request a copy of the information disclosure provided by The Groupshopper pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, please contact us via the email or address stated above. Please allow 30 days for a response.
If you are a California resident under the age of 18, and a registered user of any site where this policy is posted, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits you to request and obtain removal of content or information you have publicly posted. To make such a request, please send an email with a detailed description of the specific content or information to privacy@The Groupshopper.com. Please be aware that such a request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal even if requested.
- Glossary of Terms
Business Partners means, collectively, third parties with whom we conduct business, such as merchants, co-marketers, distributors, resellers, and other companies or organizations with whom The Groupshopper enters into agreements to support its business and operations.
Cookie means a unique identifier, usually made up of small bits of text or code.
Device Data means information concerning a device you use to access, use, or interact with the Site, such as operating system type or mobile device model, browser type, domain, and other system settings, the language your system uses and the country and time zone of your device, geolocation, including precise geolocation, unique device identifier or other device identifier, advertising identifier, mobile phone carrier identification, and device software platform and firmware information.
Non-Identifiable Information means information that alone cannot identify you, including data from Cookies, Pixel Tags and Web Beacons, and Device Data. Non-Identifiable Information may be derived from Personal Information.
Online Communities means, collectively, our social networking pages or accounts, forums, bulletin boards, discussion groups, chat rooms or other methods of communication that may be offered on or linked through the Site.
Other Programs means special programs, features and functionality on our Site or other co-branded websites with Business Partners that we reasonably control and that have special use terms applicable to such special programs, features and functionality.
Personal Information means information about you that specifically identifies you or, when combined with other information we have, can be used to identify you. This includes the following types of information:
- Contact Information: your name, postal addresses, email addresses, social networking website user account names, telephone numbers, or other addresses at which you are able to receive communications.
- Relationship Information: information you provide that enables us to determine lifestyle, interests, and activities, including location information related to your state/province, city, or neighborhood; areas of interest, the types of deals that interest you, information collected through your interactions with social networks, demographic information (e.g., birth date, age, gender); information about persons for whom you have purchased The Groupshopper vouchers as gifts or who have bought The Groupshopper vouchers as gifts for you; and information about friends who refer you or whom you have referred;
- Transaction Information: information you provide when you interact with us and the Site, such as the The Groupshopper vouchers you are interested in, purchase and redeem; email and other communications; and how you interact with Business Partners and our Vendors; and
- Financial Information: information collected from you as needed to process payments for The Groupshopper vouchers or other products or services that you buy, or as provided by you to administer your participation in optional services and programs, such as your payment card number, expiration date, and card verification number.
Pixel Tags and Web Beacons mean tiny graphic images placed on website pages or in our emails that allow us to determine whether you have performed specific actions.
Third-Party Ad-Servers means Vendors and other third parties that provide the technology to place ads on websites and track ad performance.
Vendors means, collectively, third parties that perform business operations on behalf of The Groupshopper, such as transaction processing, billing, mailing, communications services (e-mail, direct mail, etc.), marketing, data processing and analytics, servicing, collections, ad management, or information technology services.